Your Industry, Your Ideas
CREAM of the Crop is committed to customising its Recruitment and assessment methodology to the real needs of its clients.
You may wish us to handle your entire Recruitment needs, or only certain segments to reduce your workload.
Each job order large or small, is treated with respect and detailed consideration, and our procedures synergised to meet your objectives and desires!
With expertise across a wide range of industries, occupations and regional centres, our services can provide you with quality assurance and piece of mind.
For example: Partnership approach.Many companies wish to provide their own input to the selection process,
either by using the skills and inside knowledge of established in-house HR experts,
or by conducting various segments of the recruit within company premises.
You might prefer that interviews are conducted by your HR staff specialists, or you may have company specific assessments, or inductions you prefer to conduct yourself.
CREAM of the Crop will provide the back up support for your team, ensuring that our processes harmonise with yours.
Our aim will be to lessen your burden. We may for example filter initial candidate enquiries,
referring only those people who have been through our screening process and who meet the competencies and personality dimensions you specify.
Of course our pricing will be tailored to only those items you require, thus saving you money and time!
National Volume Recruitment
We primarily specialise in National Volume Recruitment, in which our clients often require us to travel interstate to assess and evaluate large quantities of candidates.
Whether you have a need to recruit in outback Australia, Christmas Island, Brisbane or Sydney CBD,
we will find the solutions to your need and show you how to overcome obstacles that confront you.
For remote servicing, CREAM of the Crop use mobile consultants and/or industry contacts to ensure that the standard of delivery remains excellent
whether based from the banks of the East Alligator River in the Northern Territory, Christmas Island or in the Indian Ocean, or Bourke St, Melbourne.
Some of our more unusual and innovative Volume Recruitment projects include:
- 800 candidates appointed within 12 weeks at Immigration Detention Centres around Australia. Over 5000 applications received;
- Ongoing National assessments for large groups of candidates for Detention Services;
- 80 laboratory assistants and technical staff, associated with Olympic Dam;
- Running Assessment Centres for Coles Myer Ltd (through SHL);
- Graduate selection and assessment - major international accountancy company;
- Annual Volume Recruitment of casual staff for the Royal Adelaide Show;
- Annual Viticulture/ Harvest Recruitment (600 people placed since Feb 08);
- Volume manufacturing Recruitment, including Packers, Machine Operators, General Labourers;
- State Government White Collar Temporary Staff Panel - Account representative for Employment National's SA Government Temporary clerical and administrative staff contract.
Snapshot of the Selection Process
CREAM of the Crop will:
- Take the job order brief at your office or over the phone;
- Provide a consultancy service to develop a detailed recruitment strategy, establish a competency profile and selection criteria if necessary;
- Source candidates within our extensive database and through high profile display advertising in relevant newspapers (where required at your cost);
- Arrange internet based advertising on SEEK (or similar);
- Write, prepare and lodge agreed display advert, including client logo as required;
- Screen and acknowledge all applications and identify appropriate candidates via telephone interview;
- Conduct a telephone screening interview in accordance with the position criteria;
- Select and conduct psychometric assessment of suitable candidates using internationally regarded SHL/Saville assessment tools including the following:
- Ability Tests;
- Occupational Personality Questionnaire, including feedback interview with candidates;
- Simulation Exercises.
- Conduct detailed face to face behavioural interview, against your position selection criteria;
- Conduct 2 reference checks for each short-listed candidate;
- Provide comprehensive written shortlist reports of short-listed candidates to you for final decision.
Written report will include detailed summary of psychometric assessments conducted.
Your Recruitment Budget
Your budget is important to us as we wish to remain long-term partners of your company.
From advertising, through to final shortlist discussions with you, our methods will be tailored to your needs - you will not be buying an off-the shelf product from us -
you will be buying at a price you can afford! Specialist recruitment can still be provided at reasonable prices.
We look forward to providing more detail about specific vacancies that you may be considering.
Please note that volume recruitment can be undertaken very economically and is a speciality for CREAM of the Crop.
Should you require 700 staff to be employed during the next 12 weeks, or an Executive Director as part of a planned succession programme,
or a receptionist to provide high quality office and customer service skills, CREAM of the Crop have the expertise to meet and exceed your exact job objectives.
A cornerstone of successful recruitment is the technology by which candidate information is stored and retrieved.
CREAM of the Crop use database techniques to convert recruitment, client and candidate systems into practical and purpose built IT applications.
For larger recruits, we suggest clients consider our customised databases. These can also be linked to purpose built web sites.
Our web sites can stand-alone or be integrated into your own existing site.
Large savings can be achieved in data handling costs and improved selection timeliness, especially when considered over the long term.
As the name suggests, CREAM of the Crop specialises in recruiting the best of the best.
Be it a CEO, manager, financial advisor or specialist technician, CREAM of the Crop ensures you find the right person for the job and more importantly, for the company.
We are so confident in our services that we offer what very few recruitment companies offer -
a guarantee period in which we will replace the candidate free of charge should they not meet criteria. (See terms and conditions).
Our fee is dependent on which recruitment and selection solutions our clients choose, and can therefore be tailored to meet your budgetary requirements.
We have qualified consultants on hand to help clients choose which processes will best fit their need.
Our services are in depth, researched and thorough. Our candidates are the "CREAM of the Crop"
Our Approach for Executive Recruitment
A thorough assessment of a candidate's abilities, behavioural preferences and cultural fit for a role can,
reduce the financial risk involved in making the wrong hiring decisions, particularly at leadership level.
CREAM of the Crop has developed a recruitment methodology incorporating an executive psychometric assessment component,
designed to help organisations select the right staff for high-risk roles such as Managing Directors, Chief Executive Officers and other Senior Managers or Specialist roles.
Incorporating personality questionnaires, ability tests, competency-based interviews and a range of simulation exercises,
CREAM of the Crop will provide you with a broad view of a person's suitability and 'fit' for the role.
Making the wrong hiring decisions for roles responsible for large budgets and managing staff can damage an organisation's reputation and ultimately their bottom line.
CREAM of the Crop's recruitment strategy, including psychometric assessment,
will provide our clients with the insight needed to make an effective selection decision for an executive role through:
- A thorough analysis of the competencies required for success in the role;
- A clear indication of person-job match through a detailed analysis of the candidate's ability and behavioural preferences measured against the required competencies;
- Valuable risk management information unavailable via more traditional or less rigorous selection methods;
- Competency based information to help manage and develop the individual once selected.
CREAM of the Crop will also provide the participants with:
- Feedback on their results, whether successful in getting the job or not;
- An insight into their personal strengths and development needs;
- An understanding of their behavioural preferences in the workplace, which can aid in self-development.